Friday, July 15, 2011

OPI shatter with Polish Thinner experiment


Hey ladies! So I've been doing a lot of research to check if we could use nail polish thinner on OPI shatter nail polish but couldn't find any.  I read that a lot of people suggest we use thinner on some of the thicker shatters but it was never done..( at least I haven't found one yet)  I guess people wast sure if it would ruin the shatter effect of the nail polish.   WELL..... I was brave enough and I did it! Actually, I transfer a small potion of the OPI blue shatter to an empty bottle and then  I added nail polish thinner to it and shook it up.  I did a swatch for you guys.. SORRY if the base coat is ugly... I wasn't planing on doing this at all so you get what you get =D.

What is the conclusion?!  It still SHATTERS!! YIPPYY!!! I seriously was so happy that it still worked! I thinned it out  and it works pretty well.. its sheerer but still worked and cracked a little more than if it was in its original form.  I think the more Opaque the shatter, the better it will turn out if a thinner was used.




                                                    Click to enlarge

I hope this was helpful to all you crackle/Shatter lovers out there!  Please show my blogpost some love if you are going to use this information.  If you guys are not brave or still scared then just did what I did, transfer in a small bottle to test it out first.




XoXo
Amanda N

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this! I'm glad it worked, now I can thin out my shatters, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. I've never heard of doing that before, but I'm not into nails as much as you or the rest of the ladies are :) Glad to know it worked out. Your nails look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in The Butterfly Award. I don't want to link spam you, so if you're interested, there is a link to my blog on my profile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you veronica! I will definitely check it out =)

    ReplyDelete